“Special People, Special Community” Stewart’s Melville Rugby (SMR)
Join our fantastic community and be part of our success
Stewart's Melville RFC is a Rugby Club that supports all its members and open to everyone. We encourage men, women, families, partners, wives and children to be apart of our community and enjoy Scottish Club Rugby at its finest. Stewart's Melville RFC is proud to be apart of and supporting the Scottish Rugby Union
Members are treated to:
- The brilliance of Scotland's Club Rugby.
- A full calendar of community events each year. We hold charity events, fundraising events and fun at the club. For example the world famous Ladies Night, Beer Tasting and the Big Screen at the club showing all the big games.
- Access to International Tickets
- Free entry to All games and discounts through our sponsors & partners
- SM RFC aim to participate at the highest level of Scottish Club Rugby.
- We nurture and develop c. 300 youth players through our club via the Stew Mel Lions and the Academy, where we create an open, inclusive, positive and fun environment that allows all players to participate and where selection is carried out to maximise the long-term development of the players.
- We promote Sportsmanship and expect all of your young players to play by the rules, to show respect to their opponents, officials and team-mates at all times - win lose or draw.
- We aim to take SM RFC into the wider community to increase the number of young people playing rugby
*Aspire for Inverleith to be community hub for North Edinburgh
- Life long friendships and bonds created
If you would like further information please contact Gavin Calder by EMAIL
Membership entitles the holder to apply for international match tickets from the club’s (usually pretty decent) allocation.
Please note that, in line with SRU recommendations, membership does not give free entry to Cup or Shield matches.
Members are asked to ensure that they have their membership cards with them when seeking admission to matches.
Membership subscriptions are payable by 1st October.