So another season beckons, with our 1st XV off to Carrick tomorrow in the Cup.
What an amazing effort has gone in over the summer months, not only behind the scenes but even more so from Jingles, Cash and Gavin to ensure that we have not only a squad but a very fit squad at that!
I have never seen the lads as fit as they are, with two very competitive matches against Dundee and Hamilton under our belts, which is all great preparation for the physical season that lies ahead.
Special thanks, too, must go to Vanessa and Mack for their early season physio work ensuring we have so many fit lads to choose from!
We are also clear as a Committee in where we want to be as a Club and enormous thanks must go to all those who have dipped their hands into their pockets to support our ambitious ambitions!
A quite outstanding Sponsors Evening, hosted by brother Jim, in the company of Dean Richards set the scene.
In short, we want to:
– put two fit sides out every week throughout the season
– ensure our 3rds are out every week under the new Ferry Road Wanderers structure
– support women’s rugby at all ages through to adulthood
– strengthen our ties with Heriot’s Rugby
– have well supported club lunches throughout the season
– be known as the most hospitable clubhouse in the land
All the ground work has been done and it’s now down to the players.
We wish each and every one who pulls on the jersey this year our total support and best wishes for the season ahead.
Let’s get going and enjoy our rugby!
Match photo by OGBlakeman Photos