1st XV vs Watsonians: Match Programme
I extend a warm welcome to Inverleith today to all supporters for this Round 3 match of the RBS Premier B league, especially to our visitors from the south side of the City.
We welcome David Harris, President of Watsonian FC, along with his players, coaches and committee.
This season we’ve played Watsonians twice, both at Myreside, once in the league (when we lost 30–28) and then in the Cup (when we lost 22-16).
Let’s see what the home team can do this afternoon – or will they require another half time “motivational” talk from the Head Coach!
• Please note that next Saturday, 18th February, your choice of venues for supporting the Club will either be Inverleith for both the 2nd XV and the Mighty 3rd XV or Raeburn Place for the 1st XV.
• Home supporters should note that the 1st XV’s next (and its last) home game of the season is on Saturday 17th March against Jed-Forest. For those of you not travelling to Rome to support Scotland, the team would welcome your support at Inverleith.
• Last Saturday the Club hosted a lunch for 120 people before the Scotland v England International at Murrayfield. Well done to Colin Rigby and his team for organising a great lunch which will hopefully now become an annual event. This year the “entertainment” after the lunch included a Q & A session with Messrs J & F Calder.
• As a result of tries scored in our last game against Hamilton, both Liam and Hayden passed the 100 point mark for the Club – Liam has scored 102 points and Hayden 105. This season Liam has scored 8 tries in 7 games!
• Please note that the Club’s Annual Dinner will be held on Friday 4th May at Inverleith. It’s a bit later this year due to Sevens Tournaments and the President’s holidays!
Lastly, many thanks to the Stew Mel Lions for sponsoring today’s match.